Wednesday, June 13, 2007

So now I can hear back from you

I have changed settings, as some people have checked this out and reported back they couldn't comment. I hope you can now. I do want to hear back from people. That's kind of the whole idea!

So my father had his biopsy, and I spoke with his doctor who described the lesion as being inoperable, but possibly shrinkable with radiation. He mentioned chemo, and I went on about how his health is already wretched, and I doubt that he's willing to change his lifestyle as it is, how can he start chemo? He'll end up having to leave his apartment and go into a nursing home and not have anyone there to hold his hand while he dies. I have to just let go of some of this. There's nothing I am able to do. I can't abandon my kids who need me, and leave my husband who needs my help, for weeks at a time to sit and hold my dad's hand, because he so alienated his family and friends all these years when he was alcohol soaked and did nothing to prepare his life for this stage. I love him, I will help him, but my friend Rodger gave me the BEST advice about dealing with this. Do what I can because he's human and deserves the dignity of being human, but I won't give him preferences that are not his to have because of how he chose to live his life. I'm not saying it right, but hopefully you get the idea.

So school ends next week, and I'll be going away the day after summer school starts. I hope it isn't going to be too hard for my husband to get the little buggers in the car and to their separate summer schools on time. I'll have 2 1/2 precious hours per day to myself until July 20th. Then they're out til after Labor Day. So I need to make a note on the calendar: "RENEW VALIUM RX."

2 comments:

kimi said...

I'm leaving the first comment as a check. So I'm reading this why?

Anonymous said...

Well, comments can be left, but why do they have to be moderated? That tends to turn away the masses...